Cafe Europa officially opens second location with lunch and dinner in Union Hill location- Page Communications
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, contact:
Jenna Smith, Page Communications
Cafe Europa officially opens second location with lunch and dinner in Union Hill location
Urban Bistro will offer grab & go prepared foods market, daily breakfast and bakery
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (December 14, 2016) – Cafe Europa’s location in Union Hill opened to the public last week in a 3,100 square-foot space at 2976 Gillham Road in downtown Kansas City. Chef Nate Feldmiller and general manager Dan Weber have designed the new location with the Union Hill neighborhood and surrounding areas in mind. The new space is located on the ground floor of the loft lifestyle McGee building which is just steps away from the new McCoy lofts and Campbell platinum living buildings both of which still have a limited number of leases available. Union Hill also added 150 free retail garage parking spots in the buildings in addition to ample parking surrounding the location.
Cafe Europa is expanding the Union Hill menu with new items as it maintains the exceptional chef-driven seasonal lunch and dinner menus found at the Crestwood location. Focusing on fresh and seasonal food, Cafe Europa’s menu changes monthly to reflect ingredients at their peak of quality and sustainable availability. Cafe Europa serves daily specials, in addition to a new calendar of set daily specials launching at the Union Hill location.
New Menu Items (Union Hill only)
• Deli Chopped Salad – chopped romaine, olives, salami, hard-boiled egg, pickled peppers and Russian dressing
• Chickpea Curry – Vegetables and medium spiced red curry
• Tagliatelle – lemon-greek yogurt, carrots, parsnips and pistachios
• Pastrami Sandwiches – on rye with mustard
• Jackfruit – sautéed with miso sauce and spicy carrot slaw
• Shareable “Platters”
o Smoked Salmon
o Cured Meats
o Relish Tray
NEW Set Daily Specials
• Monday – Salt Cod Fritters
• Tuesday – Traditional Austrian Tafelspitz
• Wednesday – Mussels and Fries
• Thursday – Duck Confit Mole
• Friday – Fish and Chips
• Saturday – Pork Schnitzel
• Sunday – Different Chicken dishes (except for fried chicken that will continue to only serve at the Crestwood locations on Sundays)
Cafe Europa- Union Hill
NEW DAILY Breakfast
The new Cafe Europa Union Hill adds a new option unique to its new location with a classic breakfast seven days a week for Union Hill and the downtown area featuring table service, a variety of bakery items and a full coffee bar. The breakfast menu is available from 7 – 10 a.m. every day and will continue to expand.
• Porridge – fermented oats, milk, berries
• Bodega Egg Sandwich – folded scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, English muffin, potato latke
• Rice Bowl – carrot, ginger, broccoli, topped with omelet and soy sauce
• Chiliquiles – softened tortillas, dried chili sauce, radish, onion, two sunny side eggs
• Union Hill B’fast – two eggs, bacon, toast, potato latkes
Cafe Europa’s second location puts its bakery front and center with an open-window, street-facing, large kitchen showcasing the scratch baking of its popular baked goods, breads and cakes.
• Lemon cake – two layers of lemon cake with lemon cream cheese filling and lemon glaze
• Chocolate cake – moist buttermilk chocolate cake with chocolate, vanilla or espresso buttercream
• Red Velvet – with vanilla buttercream or cream cheese icing
• Carrot cake – with pineapple and cream cheese icing, add nuts upon request
• Cupcakes – available in mini or large sizes
• Pies – available in mini or large sizes
• Tarts – available in mini or large sizes
• Cookies – available in mini or large sizes
A market of prepared and to-go foods can be enjoyed on the go or in the restaurant’s cafe style seating area, stocked with salads, sandwiches and sides, including the Cafe Europa’s popular Green Salad.
The new Cafe Europa Union Hill has a larger and separate bar with the same intimate feel, signature drinks, wine list and full-service selections. The Cafe Europa libations menu includes several wines, craft beers and cocktails. The thoughtfully designed and named craft cocktails created by bartender Lazer Avery feature a variety of homemade ingredients. Several cocktails at the Union Hill location were inspired by and complement the offerings at the original Crestwood location.
Signature Cafe Europa Cocktails
• Mad Hatter – rye, carpano antica, Averna, walnut bitters
• The Fourth Horseman – four roses bourbon, st maria amara, snaggle tooth coffee liquor, bitters
• Holy Smoke – mescal, ancho infusion, cocchi americano, lemon, bitters
• Southern Lights – 100% agave tequila, aperol, lemon, sparkling wine
• The Gin Solution– gin, orange liquor, hibiscus infusion, lemon, orange bitters
All-day Lunch and Dinner menu served daily: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Grab & Go Prepared Foods Market daily: 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. Bakery daily: 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Reservations and Information
Walk-ins are welcome and reservations are accepted by calling (816) 523-1212. All major credit cards are accepted. For information and updates, guests can visit www.cafeeuropakc.com, “like” Cafe Europa on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cafe-europa and follow on Twitter and Instagram at @cafeeuropakc.
The new location serves the more than 1,000 Union Hill residents, as well as the nearby neighborhoods of Longfellow, Hyde Park, Coleman Highlands, Valentine, the Crossroads Arts District and central downtown. Ample dedicated retail parking is available with 150 free garage parking spots in addition to street parking options in the Union Hill community.
Cafe Europa is the second business to open in the McGee loft lifestyle building on Gillham Road between 29th and 30th Streets. Underdog Wine Co., a specialty wine shop that also neighbors Café Europa’s Crestwood location, opened directly south of the new restaurant location last month. Additional tenants are expected to announce soon for the signature retail spaces available in Union Hill as the demand for retail and entertainment continues to grow in the downtown living development. The trend of integrating retail on street level of residential living developments has been on the rise significantly over the last several years making retailers easily accessible to the surrounding businesses and neighborhoods.
Union Hill is a true urban neighborhood that is privately-maintained and master-developed in 16 city blocks, nestled between Main Street on the west, Gillham Road on the east, the 31st Street corridor on the south and approximately 29th Street on the north. The restoration and redevelopment of Union Hill began 30 years ago with developer Bob Frye’s vision and commitment to build on the history of the 150-year-old neighborhood.
About Union Hill
Established in 1857, Union Hill is one of Kansas City’s oldest continuous neighborhoods with more than 1000 residents. Union Hill is a true urban neighborhood, spanning 16 city blocks nestled between Main Street on the west, Gillham Road on the east, the 31st Street corridor on the south and approximately 29th Street on the north. Overlooking the downtown skyline, the Union Hill district offers convenient living surrounded by green space, dining, arts, entertainment, fitness and some of Kansas City’s major employers. Union Hill has a more than 30-year history of local ownership and solid development that builds on its 150 years of history. For more information, visit www.unionhill.com or follow the latest at on www.facebook.com/unionhillkc, @UHILLKC on Twitter and Instagram or call 816-777-5900.
About Cafe Europa
Cafe Europa is a welcoming neighborhood restaurant that focuses on good, seasonal food. Its menus change monthly to reflect fresh ingredients at their peak of quality and sustainable availability. Originally open in the Crestwood Shops in 2008, Cafe Europa’s highly anticipated second location is set for a November opening in the Union Hill neighborhood, also in Kansas City, Missouri. Cafe Europa serves lunches, dinners, pastries and drinks seven days per week.